Main Menu

hs2701

Started by avengertiger, October 25, 2016, 06:21:31 PM

avengertiger

just before i rushed off to targa this year i picked this up in christchurch its quite tidy with the only exception being the dent around the rear light which has been mostly bashed out.
other than that a few minor niggles which i am only getting around to now.59k on the clock which looks original carpets are mint and interior quite clean.

avengertiger

its first outing if we get away will be chasing the silver fern gravel rally around christchurch as far as timaru
i have never been to spectate on it so a group of us are going to follow it for a few days.
so on with the minilights,gravel tyres,super oscars and big cb aerial.
few small warrant jobs to be done first

avengertiger

avengertiger

avengertiger

few more jobs ticked of the list today,unsure wether to stick with the toyos on the car or go to gravel tyres to keep it authentic.suppose the road tyres might have more manners on the trip down.
i modified a rhs mirror to fit the lhs door i like the mirrors.
mudflap material arrived today from palmside so should be able to do those the weekend,just need to find a magnetic base whip aerial for the centre of the roof not keen to drill a hole,the longer the whip the better.

avengertiger

avengertiger

4 days chasing the silver fern rally around waimate and timaru and geraldine and back to christchurch,all in 1400kms no problems with avenger only that my 4.1 diff is too high so will commence with a 5 speed upgrade.happy with how it drives turns in and brakes.

avengertiger

avengertiger

i had forgotten about photo bucket switching everybody off anyway i have a few more plans for this car hopefully over the xmas break,i have had two tiger rear spoilers made one for this and one for the rally car.
IMG_3166 by david coughlan, on Flickr

avengertiger

so the plans are fit the 5 speed gearbox was lucky enough to get an original skip brown bell housing and fork and spigot bush and have the 5 speed,i have also got an original tiger twin 40 manifold and have had it hpc coated in tungsten and will fit that and the carbs and switch cams,i also have a dash mounted pod rev counter similar to tiger but slightly larger but still period so will get on with these jobs over xmas.
and then hopefully a few more road trips over the new year.

TheMechanicnz

How much does a wing set you back? Just out of curiosity if i can ask.
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

avengertiger

i got two made and they worked out at about 300 bucks each.

avengertiger

busy weekend last weekend swapped in the 5 speed took about 3 hours scratching around for parts managed to modify a auto crossmember with just one hole to drill and no spacers looks factory,fitted my koni front suspension and rev counter all need to next is bog up the spoiler and paint it and fit i have the fitting instructions from the competition dept i can scan up for anyone who wants them,will tackle manifold and carbs this weekend maybe!!!

avengertiger

avengertiger