Main Menu

Screen width

Started by JoKer, February 15, 2011, 01:05:18 PM


I have  to scroll sideways all the time

res 1024x786 (max I can go on this flatscreen 15")

just an observation and I dislike havign to scroll :P

am i the only 1?


Thanks for the comment. I use a fixed width design, because there are graphics in the header they get a bit screwed up on auto resizing pages.

The forum is 1240 pixels wide and is designed for anything 1280x800 or bigger which is most screens 17" and over and almost all widescreens. It fits fine on my 15.4" laptop screen. even looks good on my iPhone.

I can do different themes so if you want me to make a "Low Res" theme you can switch to then let me know and I can put some time in to making something like that. It may not look as graphical as the current theme but it will fit your screen and you can decide which one you want to use but I will leave the current one as the default and leave it up to individuals to switch if they like.

My Stats say 12% of visitors have 1024x768. The other 88% have a big enough screen for the forum.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL
RPM Photography


yup works fine on me hm laptop too hmmm


Most laptop screens are big enough for it to work fine on. Basically anything widesceen will be big enough and any 4:3 screen 17" or bigger is fine. I think you should treat yourself to a bigger screen :D 15" is pretty small now days and monitors are really cheap. I use 2 monitors on my PC, 22" wide screen as my main screen and a 15" (just for my emails so I can see emails come in as I work).

I have tried running the site on my little 15" and it is pretty bad but not many people are running little 15" screens anymore. That's why I only use my 15" as a 2nd screen for emails.

But it is a good idea to have a low res version of the page so if you or anyone else wants me to I will create a low res version that you can opt to use.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL
RPM Photography


Seconded. Because I am a strange person that prefers aesthetics over that which is both modern and practical I am interneting on an old eMac running, appropriately enough, MacOS Tiger. Although advanced for its time it still is still rather square.
Chill Datto, bro!


i can confirm jared that you are not the only one
Li'l Blu