Main Menu

1975 4spd auto avenger

Started by kierbear, February 04, 2011, 01:20:59 PM

kierbear

if u have anthing to say about my avenger, say it here haha
the last picture of my car accident happened about a month ago. the newspaper article reads:
STICKY SITUATIOn
DRIVER AND CAR GO BUSH

"A young woman who breached the conditions of her restricted licence got a wake-up call yesterday when her car ended up in a bush. The accident happened at the Havelock Rd round-about at 12.30pm.

"She came around the round-about at a slow speed, hit a greasy patch and she's run off the road and into the garden," Sergeant Clint Adamson, of the Hastings Road Policing Branch, said.

The car had minimal damage, but the woman will be fined for having a passenger without a full licence."

i was able to laugh about it as soon as i had realised i jsut put 2 tiny dents in the sill and a dent in a door. the total costs of my repairs was $300 LOL

Li'l Blu

avenga

Nice tidy Avenger. Is it a 1300 or a 1600?

I used to have the same little racing strip on my 1980 Avenger.

I love the wheels on it. Did you buy it with the wheels or did you put them on after?

Have you done any other mods to it?

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

hunted

avenga

Ouch, just saw your crash photo. That's one way to park a car.

I hope it came off better than my '80 Avenger did when I put that in to a bank during a hillclimb.

Have you got it all repaired now?

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

RPM Photography

kierbear

haha yup i just put 2 tiny dents in the sill! i bought it on standard rims, drove it 10 hours home looking like a complete dick, bought it from whangerei, got the tyres from auckland and then drove alllll the way home to hastings, all in one day. its  a 1600, not many mods. i try to not do too much on it coz for every part that i "fix", something else will break. ive only really lowred it, and i beleive the brown velvet dash i have is not entirely standard :-s its gross
Li'l Blu

kierbear

oh and its got a sub and amp in it lol
Li'l Blu

hunted

what size are the wheels and tyres? cant believe how sweet they look

motivation to get mine sorted asap.....

kierbear

14 x7 at the front, with 165/70/r14's and 14 x 8's on the back with 175/70/r14's
Li'l Blu

avengertiger

nice lookin avenger ouch at the off road excursion! tough old cars these though you got away lightly damage wise im sure the pride was slightly dented?
keep the updates coming plenty on here now if you need any info

avenga

Wow, 14's on an Avenger. That is awesome. I am so used to seeing 13's on Avengers and 14's on bigger cars like my Charger with it's 14x7.5.

I like that you did staggered wheel and tyre sizes. I do that on my Charger 215/60/R14 at the front and 245/60/R14 at the rear, all on 14x7.5 rims.

What I did on my Charger was drop the front an extra 2" using drop spindles so it sat level with the tyres but had a nice rake towards the front. looks subtle but sweet.

RPM Photography

kierbear

my pride was only dented for the 20 mins the car remained in the ditch and then they pulled it out and i was even allowed to drive it home so i was stoked. it was in such good condition that when i go home, my mum didnt even believe what had happened so thank god it was in the paper.
yeah the wheels are pretty sweet, just had to make a few modifications to the guards first lol
Li'l Blu

avenga

It is all way good to have some proof of a crash. I was lucky that when I crashed my race car there was a guy with a camera on that corner, only person with a video camera and he happened to be on that corner. Now I have an embarrassing youtube video of me being a wally and crashing in to a bank. priceless.

Did you get the guards professionally done or the old sledgehammer technique?

I hope you got them done properly, on my race car we just bashed it with a hammer. you can see photos of it under hunteds discussion page. but my race car was built pretty rough. It got knocked around too much on the tracks or hillclimbs to stay pretty for long.

RPM Photography

kierbear

nah they were pretty unprofessionally done lol but it managed to deal with it
Li'l Blu

kierbear

BUMP! thoughts on paint job other than it just looks the same? which is what i was going for, the same but better. i havnt finished yet
Li'l Blu

kierbear

oh crap, my pics of the prep didnt go up, here we go then!

painted the avenger today. pulled an almost-allnighter sanding it last night, got up early this morning, covered it in masking tape and paper, pulled off badges and shit. replaced one of the doors coz i munted it when i crashed it

heres how it went (so far, still got some stuff to do tomorrow)

took off old door, also, you can see my new suitcase in the car. its where i have my screwdrivers, workshop manuals etc, impluse buy

old door, munted

new door, straight as. just had to rip off the chrome strip then fill in the holes

some primer
, somw VW beetle

some paint

some more paint

so tomorrow, going to put a few more layers of paint on, deliberate about clear coat, i think i want some. put the car back together (wish me luck), degrease the engine bay, silicone the rubbers, put the upholstery in from the other door to the new one. and should be good. if i decide to put a clear on, then all of that can wait till later

Li'l Blu