Main Menu

Blekkja: A pictorial history in Hillmans

Started by blekkja, September 15, 2011, 03:53:13 PM

blekkja

I'm not sure exactly why we need a seperate thread, but better follow the rules. Talk here:
http://www.avenger.co.nz/forum/index.php?topic=232.0

One: 77 GLS Alpine. A bargain at $250. Painted it for a radio comp and won 89 CDs. (Unfortunately most of the sucked - I was expecting a voucher)

Two: 73 GLS. This is still my favourite. Loved the steel blue colour and vinyl roof - which didn't go across the top of the boot lid! This motor is still going strong in my current car. I was in a hurry to tidy up the flat, though, and ran out of time to grab the bumpers before the scrapman came. My biggest regret... those over-riders were absolutely incredible! Note the complete lack of suspension of any sort. We had to lever it off the jack. Ah to be young.

Three: 77 GLS Alpine. Automatic. Numbers were only a couple different from the first one. This car may still be around somewhere - was seen in Claudelands, Hamilton up to 2 years ago.

Four: 78 1300 Super. Low milage, pretty tidy, but was written off one day on my way to work when a Jeep failed to stop. Motor (which was perfect condition) ended up in the Brown Alpine.

Five: 71 Super. Brought as a rally project, worked motor went bang. Had spent far too much on it so just converted to a tidy driver rather than starting all over again.

Six: 74 Super Estate. I've always liked the Estates. Old lady parked it up and forgotten about it so was dereg and exterior tatty. Shame because it was mechanically very good.

Seven: 76 GLS. Car was actually built by the same person I got my 71 from - he had to sell it to fund his Engine build. I thought about completing what he had started, but despite it's beautiful orange colour, stance, and twin headlights the Super was straighter. It was costing me too much to keep it on the road and so I sold it to a guy in Palmy so I could concentrate on sinking money into the project.

Eight: 79 GLS. Mint interior, I'll have that thanks. Sold it to a bloke up west auckland who was going to use it as a father/son project.
Chill Datto, bro!

blekkja

Chill Datto, bro!

blekkja

sorry. deleted my facebook. will re-up at some stage.
Chill Datto, bro!