Main Menu

Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default?

Started by JoKer, April 04, 2011, 10:33:29 AM

JoKer

be nice :P

usually found under Profile>Look and Layout

Clubsub has it and is way easy to make nice posts

see my evolving/build thread for a mess I cant be arsed fixing

I find myself dummy posting there then copy/pasting here

it also runs on SMF

avenga

Clubsub is running SMF 2.0 RC1, we are still running 1.1.13 which is the latest build of the earlier stable version.

I don't want to upgrade to 2.0 until they bring out the final version because I have heard the release canidate is still a bit buggy.

I don't know if it is a standard feature in 2.0 or if it is a mod. If it is a mod then I could install it on our forum. you can use the preview button to see how it looks before posting.

Send me a screenshot of how it looks on Clubsub and I will see if I can find a mod which will do the same for 1.1.13

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

ahh chur - detailed response way beter than NO I cant so wont bother :D

screener - as ya can see I have admin rights - but not the know how to edit stuff IF you point me in right direction I could find if its an addon (I have addiction to touching buttons and try not to stray into the important parts)

and yea preview gets way messy when you try thumbnail posts and such

avenga

Okay I have checked and I don't have that WYSIWYG option.

I did some research on the SMF forum and they don't make a WYSIWYG editor for 1.1.13, it is standard in any of the 2.0 versions. They are up to 2.0 RC5 now but until they make a final version of 2.0 I will stay with 1.1.13.

BTW you should upgrade Clubsub from 2.0 RC1 to 2.0 RC5. There has been a lot of bug fixes and security patches sine RC1.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

JoKer

yea I think we are dumping SMF for PHBB in the next term so kinda leaving it at is is for now - not really my dept. :P

cheers for the effort!