Main Menu

Poll: Where should we host the Avenger meet?

Started by avenga, September 15, 2011, 09:27:13 AM

Where should we host the Avenger meet?

Napier/Hastings
5 (45.5%)
Taupo
3 (27.3%)
Wellington
0 (0%)
Other (Please comment)
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

kierbear

its settled then? hawkes bay? haha just went for a drive through haumoana the other day and aparantly the car museum there is still open and thats where i think aaron said his van is? i dunno, my memory is shocking
Li'l Blu

79estate

Does Aron, also own a genuine original Avenger Van??

Thats Gnarley as! hhhaaaaahha

Cheers Mikey.

kierbear

he did but gave it to the man who runs the car museum...i think
Li'l Blu

azza1600

I did have one, but about 16 years ago, I got it as a doner car to fix mums 78 wagon that she crashed, back then I didnt know that vans were rare, gutted that I broke it up......It was my Hillman Superminx that I gave to the museum here in Hawkes bay

taylor

Yeah can't imagine many of those were made at all haha.

79estate

ahh i See, Its All groooovy ae!

These things happen, no worries.

kierbear

superminx cooool. would love to see that, the guy that gave me that avenger badge at WOW has one. hillman addict
Li'l Blu

blekkja

My old flatmate had a Singer Gazelle Ute. Its prob still sitting in a shed needing a bit of love... would dearly love to go rescue it. I managed to get it started one and had a blat around Waharoa. Felt real tough.
Chill Datto, bro!

kierbear

Li'l Blu

blekkja

small town - is essentually matamata's ghetto suburb. dairy factory closed so there is no work, and people burn down their houses rather than let the bank repo them. charming place. i'm sure i was the whitest person there.
Chill Datto, bro!

kierbear

Li'l Blu

blekkja

me, i guess. it had some pretty angry rust and i've got better things to do. that and i haven't seen her for years so who knows what the situation is.
Chill Datto, bro!

kierbear

Li'l Blu

avenga

Yes! Avenger meet. I am pretty sure we can say that Napier/Hasting has won the poll so now we need to start thinking about dates.

What do you all think? Late January?

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

blekkja

only if we can go to the gravels and get stuck into some good reds. ;)
Chill Datto, bro!