Main Menu

Scroungers Hotrod blowout carshow

Started by avenga, March 27, 2011, 05:30:48 PM

avenga

Hi Guys. Ross and I went out to the Scroungers Hotrod blowout. Weather just held out for most the day.

I had to talk my way in because they didn't think the Avengers would fit in. What do they know!  >:( oh and one guy at the gate asked if I have a V8 in my Avenger  :D

Here are the pictures I took of random stuff.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

oldschool

Yeah, a great day out....I sneaked in behind the "V8" Avenger....haha
Lots of custom rods on show...heaps of money spent on them...the owners must be single or have understanding partners...lol
Richard and I really liked that Army Green car...I think I'll paint my Alpine that colour!!

avenga

Haha yeah I laughed when the guy at the gate asked if I had a V8 in my Avenger, but to be honest it isn't the first time someone has asked.

I get heaps of people asking what engine I have in my Avenger, most think it is a rotary. I get stunned looks when I tell them it is only a little Avenger 1500 :D

Yeah there are some real nice custom rods at that show. That is why I like it, you see some really unusual engine you never would see. I like the hot rod scence for that reason, there are no rules so people can just go crazy and put in what ever engine etc they want. Like tons of Fords with Chrysler hemi engines and heaps of cars with crazy early superchargers or early fuel injection.

That Army Green car was great. I love matte paint jobs like that. They are a pig to clean though, you can't use polish or wax and you need to be real gentle because they don't have the hard clear coat that a gloss car has. They get chipped and scuffed easily.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

RPM Photography

hunted

Quote from: avenga on April 01, 2011, 09:27:22 AM
they don't have the hard clear coat that a gloss car has. They get chipped and scuffed easily.

thats the best part about matte paint jobs haha. adds to the look. imI painted my cortina matte oxide red and it looked so sweet. started to mear through in places and the original red cam through, looked sweet

avenga

That is true. I have seen that done really well on old cars with a matte finish with the old paint or primer wearing through. Gives it that old worn and weathered look.

RPM Photography

oldschool

Yeah, I reckon you could brush on that matte paint and it would still look cool!!

JoKer

Chis's Willy's in the back ground is possibly the rarest there

haha his son co-drove for me up Whariti and said he saw some mean avengers up there was going to email me pic hehe