Main Menu

My NZ Tiger

Started by NZTiger, January 22, 2011, 11:38:01 AM

NZTiger

I had wanted a Tiger for many years, so when my rally car was rolled and needed reshelling, it had to be a Mk2 Tiger, hardest part was getting a genuine rear spoiler which was found in the uk on ebay, cost more to ship here that to buy...

Next project is a 2 Door...

From the past

NZTiger

Just started new engine and it went almost first time. Made sure the battery was fully charged then removed the plugs and turned it over on starter for a couple of minutes to bring up the oil pressure (which takes quite a long time as the oil cooler takes a bit to fill) and to fill the carbs with fuel. Checked this by loosening a fuel pipe on one carb. With this done the plugs were replaced, leads attached and gave it a try....almost started. Recheck spark timing and adjusted the tried again and it started first turn...great, one tappet was a bit noisy so checked and reset. Then just pressed the starter button and it started without any accelerator.
I then let it warm up and adjusted carb idle jets and set timing leaving it idling smoothly at about 1000rpm. Would loved to have given a good rev but I'm sure the neighbours  would not have savored the noise.
Here is a pic of engine before installing.....I will give more details on my other thread in the near future..the old one had 140 HP at wheels so hoping for more with new one

NZTiger

I have been moving cars arround recently and had all 3 Avengers at home for a few days.

Blue 4 door is now moving after changing diff and replacing rusted clutch and flywheel (core plug in back of block was leaking). Engine runs very sweetly.

vitamin c avenger

Hey what sort of mods had you done to your race engine,  I got 96 hp at the wheels out of mine, was thinking of building another motor. Maybe get a few more cc's out of it, another 15hp or so be great.140hp at the wheels pretty impressive, I thought mine went ok but yours must be a beast!