Main Menu

Hamilton - Cars & Bikes for Canterbury

Started by avenga, April 20, 2011, 11:48:56 PM

avenga

Hi guys. On Saturday Ross and I drove down to Hamilton to check out the Cars & Bikes for Canterbury, it was a pretty small show. Really just one indoor display and a few cars in the carpark.

The Avengers got heaps of attention which was great.

Afterwards we went to see Mark's (Derbs) Avenger Estate wagon. We tried out the folding the back seats in to the "Sleeping position" For those of you who haven't tried it in a wagon there is a little wing nut under the back seats which let you fold the back seats in such a way that the bottom of the rear seat acts like a pillow, you need to have the front seats all the way forward but it is very cool.

It was pretty gross weather but it was a good cruise in the mighty Avengers and it was great to meet another one of our members in person.

This was my first carshow with my new camera and it was really kicking my ass. being inside on a dark stormy day didn't help matters much. I must say I am much better at taking photos of flowers with my new camera than cars at this stage but I am getting more used to the camera now and I picked up a new lens today which I am hoping will be good for carshows. On Friday I went to the Zoo to practice some wildlife shots, got some real beauties.

Anyway here are the pictures

Old Camera

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography