Main Menu

whats the beat type of suspension transplant or upgrades

Started by george braithwaite, December 14, 2017, 04:55:13 PM

george braithwaite

whats the beat type of suspension transplant or upgrades

JoKer

rebuilt / custom Bilstiens? from Suspension Tech Auckland

a few on here have used them I beleive : still rolling stockers all round on my cars

TheMechanicnz

Highly reccomend Chris Alexander at Suspension tech, made custom progressive valved bilsteins for mine and lowered it 60mm as well as a complete fit out of nolathane bushes. Never had the fear of it losing grip and takes corners very well. Www.stech.co.nz
"It's better to enter a corner slow and come out fast than to go into a corner fast and come out dead"

avenga

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography

george braithwaite

do you know of any applications from other cars that will fit in with minor modification.

JoKer

Rear shocks are the same as Bedford vans? Things like that?

new shocks are not hard to get (apparently)

JoKer

Quote from: streetracer75 on June 25, 2015, 05:12:54 AM
And now for the really good stuff...

Front coil-overs, with new lotus discs and callipers. Pads are EBC Yellow Stuff.

All fitted to the car and she now looks and sits sweet. I will post pictures of the car in the next day or two.

yellow79

Reviving a bit of a dead thread but I thought I might add some info. I found out that off the shelf ae86 Toyota Corolla rear lowering springs fit perfectly in the front of an avenger and are a bit stiffer but retain the stock ride height. Well they did for me but my engine is much lighter so they might be like a 20mm lowering springs with the standard engine. I also never got the chance to try it but according to my measurements it looks like the front shock cartridges from a corolla could be made to fit to and are a similar length to avenger ones.

avenga

I'm using some cut down BMW 318i super lows in my V8 wagon, the spring is a little too wide diameter but they fit in okay.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography