Main Menu

American Muscle Carshow

Started by avenga, April 22, 2011, 11:26:04 PM

avenga

Hi guys. I went out to the American Muscle Carshow today for a little look around. I was blown away by the quality of the cars on display. Some very nice cars on display.

I brought myself a new lens for my new camera yesterday and this is my first time using the and I am totally loving it. It is a Canon 50mm F/1.8 lens. Fixed focal length so no zoom but a pretty large aperture so it is great for low light or shallow depth of field. They call it the "Nifty Fifty" or the "Plastic Fantastic" because it is made of plastic (except the actual lenses themselves) and it is Canons cheapest lens for the EOS at only $200, other Canon lenses start at like $700 with their big lenses up in the 5 digits. For a cheap lens it takes awesome photos and is really handy with it's large aperture. There was heaps of bonnets up and I found it is an awesome lens for taking engine shots. I used my new 50mm for all the outdoors and engine shots and my 18-55mm for the rest of the shots. Didn't have room to use my big 55-250mm today.

Here are the photos and remember the show runs until Monday so if you are in Auckland get out there and see these awesome cars in the flesh.

1975 Hillman Avenger 1300 Super, 1972 Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, 1980 Chrysler Avenger 1.3GL

http://www.carphotos.co.nz
RPM Photography