Main Menu

1975 4spd auto avenger

Started by kierbear, February 04, 2011, 12:55:56 PM

kierbear

this is my '75 4 speed auto avenger. ive had her for about 10 months and its been an interesting relationship..

and this is me in it sitting next to my mates rolla

this crash happened about a month ago, the picture above it happened about a week ago, so the car is actually fine, just a couple of dents. the headline is "driver and car go bush"
Li'l Blu

kierbear

i need to get morw and better photos, this was taken a little while ago. she no longer has a racing stripe down the side
Li'l Blu

1300super

I want your wheels!! give them too me lol.

kierbear

mmmmmmm orange and blue sounds like a delightful combo. haha but get in line!
Li'l Blu

kierbear

i am reviving my thread. this is what went down today...

painted the avenger today. pulled an almost-allnighter sanding it last night, got up early this morning, covered it in masking tape and paper, pulled off badges and shit. replaced one of the doors coz i munted it when i crashed it

heres how it went (so far, still got some stuff to do tomorrow)

took off old door, also, you can see my new suitcase in the car. its where i have my screwdrivers, workshop manuals etc, impluse buy

old door, munted

new door, straight as. just had to rip off the chrome strip then fill in the holes

some primer
, somw VW beetle

some paint

some more paint

so tomorrow, going to put a few more layers of paint on, deliberate about clear coat, i think i want some. put the car back together (wish me luck), degrease the engine bay, silicone the rubbers, put the upholstery in from the other door to the new one. and should be good. if i decide to put a clear on, then all of that can wait till later

Li'l Blu

kierbear

haha thankfully no bugs. it is finished!!
only people who saw it upclose before the paint job happened will see the change, because photos gave it justice when it looked crap.

painted the venty things black and took off the chrome gutter thingys

tidied up the grille region, threw a few layers of black over it cos it was fading

this is it!, the bumpers have been added on also :) please hurl abuse at it now
Li'l Blu

kierbear

with assistance from azza lol

Li'l Blu

kierbear

and by "assistance" i mean he did all of it.
Li'l Blu

kierbear

new old stock, feels like christmas!!!!!
Li'l Blu

kierbear

october is the month for upgrades. Everything thats usually on the bottom of the to-do-list is getting done.

Before:

After:

Also i fixed my interior light which was the very first thing i broke on the first day i picked up the car. so, that only took 3.5 years. window washer system next!
Li'l Blu

kierbear

Here's a quick update of goings-on

Got a washer bag a few months ago and put new hoses in and new pump. No more drink bottle out the window for me, thanks Graeme!!

Water pump was leaking so got a new one so thats all nice and shiny- thanks Graeme. Next to it is my new alternator that i got from Ross, thanks for cutting me a deal Ross! this is why i was out of action for 6 weeks

I just saw a thread of us talking about headlights. i got these ages ago, they are valiant ones

Degreased the engine bay while car was out of action

funny the things that the grease unveils

the Boss's new whip- lincoln turned into a ute. its pretty ...interesting

Li'l Blu

kierbear

p.s thanks aaron for being on-call mechanic lol
Li'l Blu

kierbear

so this is a fun way to find out youre expecting a speeding ticket in the mail!!

im adjusting to the fame quite well, this is my 3rd appearance in the paper
Li'l Blu

kierbear

Li'l Blu

kierbear

Woohoo two clean and shiny tail lights.  Scored the left one as new old stock for ?4 and got the right one about a year ago. The old left one was rubbish

Getting all shiny etc for swapmeet tomorrow
Li'l Blu